Configuring Zimbra Mobile on Android SmartPhones
Android-based smartphones such as the Motorola Droid or HTC Evo will natively sync email, contacts and calendars to Zimbra accounts. The two pre-requisites to configure this are:
The Zimbra email system used by your organization or service provider is a paid Network Edition license (ask your administrator if you are not sure)
Your administrator has enabled mobility on your account
Assuming these two requirements are met, you configure Zimbra just like you would a Microsoft Exchange account on the device (this is the name used for any ActiveSync-based service).
In order to complete this set up you will need to know the following:
- Your email address
- Your email password
- Your organization's domain you normally type in the web browser (eg "email.yourcompany.com")
- Does your organization require SSL access or not (eg do you use "http://" or "https://" to view Zimbra webmail)
Here are the basic steps:
- Tap Email (or Accounts & Sync)
- Email (or Exchange ActiveSync)
- Using the keyboard, enter:
- Your full email address (For example, firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- Password (Your email password)
- Exchange Server: your.company.com (same URL you use for Zimbra webmail)
Here link to a common set up flow for devices:
Was this answer helpful?
To enjoy the maximum functionality from your Zimbra mailbox in Microsoft Outlook, download and...
This page describes how to configure Zimbra Contacts syncing on Mac Address Book. These...
This process will allow you to share one of our calendars with another Zimbra user within your...
This page describes how to configure Zimbra Mail using IMAP for Mac Mail (Mail.app).Open...
This page describes how to configure Zimbra Calendar syncing on Mac iCal. These instructions...